1. How can I show my Rail&Fly ticket on the train?
You have the following possibilities to show the ticket at the control on the train:
- as a printout in A4 format,
- on an electronic display if the QR code is displayed in the appropriate size and is scannable,
- the ticket can be loaded into DB Navigator using the last name and order number and presented there. This is possible without logging in or registering.
Travel only with the voucher code is not possible. It has to be redeemed and converted into a ticket before departure.
2. How far in advance can I redeem my voucher code?
The redemption of the voucher code for a Rail&Fly ticket can be made up to a maximum of 12 months [in each case from the timetable change in June and December] in advance and up to approx. 3 minutes before departure. Please note that a seat reservation can only be booked a maximum of 6 months in advance.
3. Which trains can I use?
The Rail&Fly tickets entitle you to travel:
- Long-distance traffic, including ICE, ECE, TGV, railjet express, railjet, IC and EC trains
- Local traffic, including IRE, RE, RB, IRE or S-Bahn
- In selected NE trains
- In addition, the Rail&Fly ticket entitles you to use DB's transfer partners between the train station and the airport
- When traveling within a participating transport association (see bahnanreise.de/geltungsbereich) you can also use all other means of transport (e.g. bus, tram).
For more information on the scope of validity of the ticket, see bahnanreise.de/geltungsbereich
Note on train use: Even if you have previously selected a NV or IC connection, the ICE can be used [the ticket is only route-related].
4. How long is the Rail&Fly ticket valid?
The Rail&Fly voucher code entitles you to travel one day before departure, on the day of departure itself or on the day of return and one day after. However, after redeeming the Rail&Fly voucher code into a ticket, the customer is bound to the day of travel. The dates indicated on the ticket are valid. In principle, the Rail&Fly Flex ticket is valid on the day of travel itself and until 10 a.m. the following day.
5. Do I have to stick to the day and time stated on the ticket?
No. Within the validity period, it is possible to travel at different times and on different trains than originally booked, as long as the travel section indicated on the ticket remains the same.
6. Do I have the option to purchase a seat reservation?
Yes, during the redemption process you have the option of booking a paid seat reservation after selecting the desired connection.
When you book, a contract is formed between you and Deutsche Bahn AG, which is independent of your travel contract with your tour operator/airline. Payment is made directly by credit card, PayPal or giropay. Please note the applicable cancellation conditions.
We will send you your booked upgrade as an additional digital ticket (PDF) by email. If you have any questions about your booked upgrades, please contact bahn.de/kontakt.
7. Do I have the opportunity to purchase an upgrade to 1st class?
Yes, you have the option of booking an upgrade to 1st carriage class through your tour operator when booking the trip or at a later date. The prerequisite is that your tour operator offers this offer. To do this, please get in touch with your responsible contact person at your tour operator.
You can also book an upgrade to 1st carriage class including a seat reservation during the redemption process. We currently offer this for all connections that only use long-distance trains. When you book, a contract is formed between you and Deutsche Bahn AG, which is independent of your travel contract with your tour operator/airline. Payment is made directly by credit card, PayPal or giropay. Please note the applicable cancellation conditions. We will send you your booked upgrade as an additional digital ticket (PDF) by email. If you have any questions about your booked upgrades, please contact bahn.de/kontakt.
8. What advantages do I have when booking a 1st class ticket?
When booking a Rail&Fly ticket in 1st class, the seat reservation is automatically included on long-distance trains (e.g. ICE, RJ, RJX, IC/EC). In addition, the traveler with the 1st class ticket receives access to the DB Lounge.
9. Do I have access to the DB Lounge with the Rail&Fly ticket?
Travelers with a 1st class Rail&Fly ticket have access to the DB Lounge.
10. Only one traveler is named on my ticket, although we are traveling with several people. Is the ticket still valid for everyone?
If you redeem several voucher codes and convert them into one ticket, only one person will be named. The ticket is still valid for all persons whose voucher code was entered. Up to 5 people can travel on one ticket.